cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 41 of 161

Re: OpenRG Strikes Back.

Read the LCP PPP thread. It's happening to alot of customers, myself included.
Contributor
Message 42 of 161

I've just sent StephanieG a PM asking if she knows any further information on this.

I'll let you guys know her reply.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 43 of 161

I've had personal contact with BT's UK team on this issue for around a month now. I'm expecting a visit from Openteach again tomorrow but don't hold much hope in anything being resolved. I hope to stand corrected, watch this space.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 161

Well thanks for the contributions to this thread so far. I've had OpenRG and LCP happen again twice today so it looks like it's locked it's claws into me OUCH! If it only happened once a month I wouldn't complain but it seems to be a daily thing for me now. Jolly good - No one is lucky with these issues LOL.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 161

I think they probably do know what's causing the issue, but they don't see it as critical enough to prepare a timely fix.  They'll roll one out at their leisure.

Their lack of useful communication about the matter does irk me.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 46 of 161

Dropping my ip address constantly and it impacting my service is extremely critical in my book. If it isn't fixed soon I'm afraid I'll not be sticking around.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 161

I wish I had the option to leave.  Though, hopefully the issue will be fixed by my contract end date of this August.  

Still, you never know...

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 161

I really only have BT available in my area and I have no interest in sky and the like as I generally enjoy BT Infinity when it doesn't disconnect. I have no option of cable as everything is over head lines. Plus I'm in 2 year contract since May 2013 so early termination would be costly to me as I'm on a tight budget. 

I can't complain speed wise as I continuously get my estimated speed of 45 down and 7 up maybe a little less at peak times occasionally but thats what happens from time to time - The disconnection fiasco is a pain though.

My only option would be adsl with BT but it wouldn't suffice for my HD live streams.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 49 of 161

I'd think it would be difficult to hold you to a contract if you are suffering disconnections and ip drops as much as me 😛

A contract is a two way agreement, you agree to pay for services, they agree to provide them as per the T's & C's.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 50 of 161

Do you think it's worth dropping Trading Standards a line? Or the CAB, lucky enough a member of the Family works for the CAB so I will ask them the question.
0 Ratings