cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 161

Re: OpenRG Forcing a Reboot?

The mods have posted on another thread on this subject that they are waiting to hear from the hub development team and will post as soon as the hub team has any news on the subject
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 62 of 161

/sigh

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 63 of 161

John, I know you mean well but you keep saying that and it really isn't terribly helpful.

I'm not even sure that it's true. It's inconceivable, isn't it, that the 'hub team' doesn't know why reboot commands are being sent to our hubs from an apparently external source. (If they don't, we're all in much more trouble than we thought!) Whether they don't want to tell the mods, or the mods don't want to tell us, is another matter of course.

I'm not myself convinced that rolling back to an earlier version of the HH5 firmware, as suggested above, would help. I thought there was plenty of evidence to suggest that this isn't a HH5 fault.

But it would be a wonderful step forward if hub owners were able - like owners of every other router I'm familiar with - to choose for themselves which hub firmware to instal and when.

p

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 64 of 161

Re: OpenRG Strikes Back.

@Awahwah wrote:

I do not know if you have a suggestion box or not but why not suggest that firmware 1.4 is pushed out and all HH5 as downgraded? First rule of any firmware upgrade, have a back out plan.

Comments please?

Alternatively, why not actually start up the version 1.7 test firnware pushed to some/all HH5s in January but still presumably sitting in our hubs waiting to be brought to life? Something else that people have repeatedly asked about but with no response at all.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 65 of 161

Oh joy, after I had Openreach here for 7 hours yesterday and my line is a good as it will ever get for my area, guess what?

Yup, no change to the constant IP changing and now I too have OpenRG happening again. The Openreach guy advised that another Openreach visit would be pointless as, and I quote, "it is not a line fault or issue".

BT after some 6 to 8 weeks you either don't care or are just plain incompetent, which is it?

I wait with baited breathe!

Expert
Message 66 of 161

Sory to hear that, Storm.

I imagine you had the HH5 plugged back in for the visit. Presumably the Openreach guy didn't think it was the modem/router at fault?

I think you said earlier that you were having similar problems with the Openreach modem + Asus DSL N66U. What happens if you just use the DSL N66U, with no Openreach modem and no hub? I'd have thought that would mean no CWMP sessions, therefore no OpenRG reboots.

p

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 67 of 161

I can use the HH5 or the DSL-N66U as a router on the back of an Unlocked Huawei DG612 and suffer none of these issues. I had a very long time to discuss the issue (7 hours!) but to be honest the openreach guy was only concerned about the line and didn't seem to either care or understand about the OpenRG or PPP LCP issues. All he said was it definately was not a line issue and that getting Openreach out again for this issue was totally pointless.

BT we would like a timescale on a fix for these issues, so please advise? 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 68 of 161

@Storm wrote:

I can use the HH5 or the DSL-N66U as a router on the back of an Unlocked Huawei DG612 and suffer none of these issues.

With TR069/CWMP turned off on the DG612?

p

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 69 of 161

There seems to have been one post that has disappeared altogether - luckily I kept a copy of it. So tsk to whover did that.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 161

I haven't got much else to add since my last post - I still got fluctuating speeds mostly slower speeds and high pings since my last reboot so it seems if it frequently disconnects DLM gets involved woo so I'm eagerly awaiting a mod to help. I know I'm in a queue so I'm fine just waiting.

Nice to see we are all together on this.

Have a good evening everyone.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings