cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 141 of 161

Re: OpenRG Strikes Back.

we did tell you guys lots of times to get a modem lol, so many people have this problem but bt still fail to sort it out, it just goes to show they only care about money, thumbs up to the mods though and of course people like ray and gg etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 142 of 161

An external openreach modem isn't the ultimate solution well for me its not. I still get the ppp lcp send termination request user request and openrg entries. I had a total of 4 engineers. All say my line was perfect. Internal wiring is fine, line is fine, and my signal from the cabinet was spot on.

I've been through 2 different hh3's a hh3a and a hh3b and 1 hh4a also two eci modems with both openrg and ppp lcp send termination request user request issues and now with the hh5 not surprising.

So I've wasted 4 engineers time with an issue which isn't line, cable or internal issues. Plus I don't see why I have to waste money on 3rd party equipment or unlocked openreach modems. Obviously it's a BT issue and they need to sort it out.

I've suffered with this issue since January and only now realising after all this time it was never a line issue etc. Or other stuff suggested on here. The mod I'm still in contact agrees it's a software problem than anything else. 

I'm surprised my old thread got revived lol.

I hope one day it will be fixed - It better do because I'm not spending a penny to solve this. Its not worth it and not fair on customers.

Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 143 of 161

Just to add I have been running the white modem as well as the HH5 for exactly 2 weeks at 9:30 am this morning... Open RG went down for reboot by IPC command, so can confirm the white modem "fix" makes no difference. Still bang on 2 weeks for the reboot, any ideas?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 144 of 161

And just to add, during the down time the DSL light on the modem stayed on, it was just the router that seemed to reboot, might switch back to my HH3, that was always solid.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 145 of 161

Which model is it?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 146 of 161

"DSL light on the modem stayed on, it was just the router that seemed to reboot,"

That sounds fine as Ray points out a few pages ago ?

The HH5 can do all its updates it wants but the modem says soildly connected so the dlm ( which ever version) doesn't cap the line or think there is a fault.

The openreach modem is not letting the HH5 disconnect the line but you still get the latest software on updates for bt retails infinity  service. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 147 of 161

HH 5A
MODEM B-FOCUS V-2FUb/r Rev B
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 148 of 161

But nothing updated on the HH5 all the firmware etc is the same and it's very annoying to lose Internet midway through some online gaming! This never happened at my old house with my HH3!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 149 of 161

Thinking about it from past experience , its rare bt update in the daytime

Could be more it just of been a brief loss of session ?{Ray will know more}

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adsl_status_checkers.htm  {links to reported bt issues, great tool thanks gg30340}

Seems there is has been a issue at one of the big data centre's that also started at 9am?

Also their trying to fix the dns server equipment  as well it seems from  the other threads.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 150 of 161

Unfortunately, I don't think you can unlock the ECI /r and turn off BTAGENT.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings