cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 151 of 161

Re: OpenRG Strikes Back.

Might as well just go back to using the HH5 and no modem then if I'm still going to get this issue regardless! Save myself a plug socket.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 152 of 161

@Barry57 wrote:

Thinking about it from past experience , its rare bt update in the daytime

The fortnightly reboots are not update related. I have observed a Home Hub 4 on ADSL which has rebooted itself every two weeks without fail, due to OpenRG. The firmware is dated early May 2014.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Metalliblob
Beginner
Message 153 of 161

I have exactly the same problem.

After a line fault I had an engineer disconect the line but he didn't reset the ip profile. Due to the OpenRG switchoffs every morning I cannot get my profile to reset higher.  BT no help ggggrrrrrr.

Although credit where credit is due I had an engineer fix the line fault within 2 days! THANKYOU for that.

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 154 of 161

I hope it is not starting all over again.

Just now while I was using hte internet, my hub rebooted and I found the System event log showing

Time and date	Message
18:30:52, 20 Nov.	(1209938.710000) The system is going DOWN for reboot.
18:30:52, 20 Nov.	(1209938.710000) OpenRG is going for reboot by IPC command
18:30:47, 20 Nov.	(1209933.710000) OpenRG will go down for reboot in 5 seconds

I got the HH5 on 2 February and have had issue with losing wifi and ethernet, but this is the first time I have seen this message so I searched to see what on earth it might mean.

A week ago I had a struggle with BT about the dropped connections and they insisted I reset my HH5 to its original settings (which was one of the supposed solutions I read early in this thread).  Maybe instead of solving it has started the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 155 of 161

If you think it is due to the equipment supplied by your ISP (wihich is dire in comparison) then do what I and others do. Buy your own equipment that suits your needs.

ISP supplied is a "One size fits all" except it doesn't.

0 Ratings
paul_fettes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 156 of 161

does anyone know if this got fixed? this has been happening to me for the last few days constantly but has been going on regularly for the last few months and I have also dropped from 51M to 39M not losing DSL connection though. have HH5, also tried a modem and HH4 and was still having an issue.

also can anyone recommend a great third party router?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 157 of 161

Depends what your budget is.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 158 of 161

...........and what your requirements are.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 159 of 161

I've got an OpenRG due about 2.30 tomorrow morning. Smiley Happy It hasn't gone away!

0 Ratings
paul_fettes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 161

...........and what your requirements are.

0 Ratings