cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 35

Re: OpenRG is going for reboot by IPC command

Suggest you complete that action with the Netgear. I have spent many months on this issue with the Executive Complaints team and the conclusion was simple in the end. The HH4 and HH5 cannot be removed from the reboot schedule of 14 days and that is final. BT's final technical answer was to provide either a Business Hub or an HH3.

For all those suffering from this issue I suggest you raise a complaint, as opposed to a fault, if you want to change to either a Business Hub or a HomeHub 3, neither of which have great WiFi as they do not have dual-band (2.4/5Ghz).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 32 of 35

Did BT give a reason as to why a 14 day mandatory reboot is required for the HH4 and HH5?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 35

At a high level, it's to do with an automated management schedule for diagnostics. Well, that's what they said. But what I did learn is the schedule is managed at the exchange your HH4\5 is connected to. Which means you potentially could be removed from the schedule but BT either cannot, through a skills gap, or will not, as a management decision, agree to remove these devices if the customers ask.

So, if anyone has an alternative DSL connection method, like a different DSL\cable router for instance, and you can't stand this 14 day reboot, go ahead and use your alternative as BT will not change this response.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 35

Have had similar problems with the HH4 hub on ADSL, the hub would do restarts at least 4 to 8 times on different days since 7-7-2015 and lost internet connection. An appointment was made tor the BT engineer to call on 29-07-2015, enginner called and tested phone line and external wiriing and phones result no fault was found. I was informed by the tech person in India that I new HH4 hub has been ordered and should be with me today, in the meantime the engineer left an swap around hub being the HH5. This I have installed after the engineer left and since then no reboots or loss of internet for 24 hours but we shall have to wait and seenif the porblem starts again. I am still considering using my own netgear router equipment which has given me no problem in drop outs from the net when with AOL/talktalk who I was with them from 1998 until May of this year, I think that I have made the wrong move and might consider going back to them, at least one gets a router that is not restarted every 14 days or doing what mine has been doing over this month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 35 of 35

Do not even think of getting a business hub as it happens on these as well. 😞

0 Ratings