cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlowSloth
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

OpenReach says no....

We live about 1.5 miles from the exchange.  According to the BT site our postcode should be able to get Infinty and the speeds this provides so we upgraded.  An engineer connected us, replaced the router and we were happy...until, found out our download speed was under 5mb and upload was 0.32mb.  Naturally disapointed we replaced filters reset routers etc.  Finally we asked BT to send an OpenReach engineer to check the line and was told that we were too far from the exchange and this is the best we can get.  BT have refunded the extra cost of Infinity and put us back on ADSL 2+.  The problem is that my neighbour who lives in a house 20 metres away is getting 40Mb download.  OpenReach have been definitive that I have no options but I cant understand why the neigbour is getting superior speeds from the same exchange and the same distance.  If anyone has ideas on how I can get OpenReach to try harder I am all ears...

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: OpenReach says no....

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

using post code is unreliable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SlowSloth
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXX on Exchange CULLOMPTON is served by Cabinet 4

Capture.JPG

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Can you post your adsl stats from your router please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SlowSloth
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Thank you for your continued help with this.  I am acting on behalf of a colleague (not very confident with IT) who is away at the moment so I dont have access to their router.  I will reply as soon as I can after they return and I have logged in to the router to get the DSL stats.  Will be in about 1 week.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

ok

in the meantime write to openreach and see what reply you get  if auto reponse then send form again until you get email from a person  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

0 Ratings
SlowSloth
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

I am logged on to the BT HomeHub 5 (Type A) running firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11.  I have had a look around logged in as Admin and cant see a connection status page. other than the basic 'Connected'.  Can you please confirm what info you are after and where in the menu structure I can find it...

I will contact OpenReach as you suggest.  Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
SlowSloth
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

This is only connection infor I can find...

DSL Connection speed.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

0 Ratings
SlowSloth
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

I have sent a message to OpenReach using the online form you suggested.  I am waiting for their response.  I will keep trying until I get somewhere and post my success / failure when I know more.

0 Ratings