cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1360
Expert
Message 1 of 6

OpenReach

Well I found out something just now and am amazed tha BT OpenReach is nothing to do with BT!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 3 phone calls from 01142610500 and there is noboby on the other end,so checked the number out and its shows as BT. So contacted BT only to be told that they are working very hard to stop this scam of calling people, Hang I say but you are BT yes and he gave me a link to check the number which I did and it says BT/BT OpenReach is calling you, told him that and this is the reply:---

Priya: Open reach is nothing to do with BT. They book engineer's if required for BT customers. They even take the bookings for all other companies also (Sky, Virgin,..)
Paul Jordan: Oh ok so BT OpenReach is nothing to do with BT, sorry never knew that
Priya: That's ok
Priya: I have registered your feedback regarding 01142610500 number.
Paul Jordan: ok thanks I know now  things about BT i never knew. Cheers bye bye now
Priya: Have a lovely day.
Am I going nuts or what
iechyd da

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
proterra
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: OpenReach

The way I have been told by someone who works for BT is that the arms of the giant are:

BT wholesale who deal with exchanges & selling services to other ISP's

Open Reach - The engineering side who do installs repairs etc

BT Retail - who sell you infinity etc & run the call sentre.

But I think the parts do not talk to each other very well . Plusnet is alos part of BT.

An engineer for open reach told me he was trying to upgrade to a 20M service and was told by wholesale that it wasnt available for him, even though he had installled that service near his home a& knew it was.

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I had an automated call from Open Reach today to confirm an install booking, was very strange. Just had to press 1 to confirm date and time. Was an 0114 number too.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 4 of 6

so i'm not going nuts phewSmiley Surprised I know all about the confused state within BT but for the guy to say the number is a scram and being looked into, i'd love to be in court for that Smiley Indifferent

Ah ok better ring up and find out whats going on as I've had 3 calls but no message

iechyd da

0 Ratings
pennywise
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Blame Ofcom 😛

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings