cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 46

Openreach address not correct so broadband order gets bounced.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to contact openreach to get them to update their database? The royal mail address database has my address listed correctly but my broadband orders get bounced because openreach doesn't have my address in their database.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 46

Re: Openreach address not correct so broadband order gets bounced.

Use this form to contact Openreach.  They typically respond within a day or two.

http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/fibre-broadband-availability.aspx

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Thanks so much for the link. I'll see what they respond with.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 46

Hi @thomjj,

Do you have your line with us at present or are you looking to order a bundle order?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 46

I don't think there's a line. I'm trying to directly order an FTTC service but the openreach database does not know of my existance yet.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 46

You will need a BT Retail phone line to be activated first. Once that is done, you should be able to see the availability of BT Broadband services.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 46

I've heard that is a good way to trigger Openreach to update their database but I don't want to commit to a 12 month contract I have no use for. Second to that I will not be eligible for any introductory offers that make BT cheaper than say Virgin.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 46

you have to have a working phone line to get broadband service
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 46

Nobody (or barely anyone) actually wants a phone line these days.  It is however a sad reality that we must all obey the BT systems to get broadband.

Perhaps you could phone BT and try and talk to the orders team.  Mention that you are unable to order due to Openreach having no record of you and that you are happy to order a phone line, as required, but wish to take advantage of the offers for broadband + tel lines that are available.

If you've already tried this and have hit a wall.  I'd honestly stay with Virgin - at least you can get faster broadband and don't have to have a phone line.

Or you could try a different Fibre/ADSL provider.  All the providers have to work with the same Openreach systems - thats BT included.  From my perspective in dealing with BT as a provider, you don't seem to get any advantage despite OpenReach being part of BT group too.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 46

@kinthos wrote:

Nobody (or barely anyone) actually wants a phone line these days.

Hmm, I'll guess you are under 35 and live in a city. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings