cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 46

Re: Openreach address not correct so broadband order gets bounced.

Yeh.  That was my first speedtest when fibre was enabled.  I couldn't believe it.  It's been around 11 typically since then.  Still very good!

All the moons (or routers) must have been aligned that 1st day!

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 46

Thanks for the advice and it looks like maybe ordering a basic phone service is the only way to trigger Openreach to update their address database which is a bit sad.

I'm aware that I need a phone line for broadband services and that I need to pay the line rental in order to be provided it but I'm not comfortable about being forced into agreeing to a phone contract for 12 months with no guarantee that I will be provided an infinity service after the line is installed.

Openreach have come back to me and they say they refuse to update my address without there being an active order. They tell me I need to place an order using their 'bronze address matching' ordering process.

This might even be possible for BT but I won't be able to take advantage of the online discounts. Currently on offer is £90.90 cashback from Topcashback and a £100 Mastarcard. I'm not sure how I'd ever manage to negotiate that with them over the phone.

If I did order a basic phone service I very likely wouldn't be entitled to these offers as I would not be a new customer. This is frustrating.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 46

Thomjj - sorry to hear that buddy.  Your situation is what I've been trying to describe in my numerous posts though.  I know that doesn't help but it's not a great start for you if you do decide to persist in trying to get connected up with BT. 😞

Sadly, I don't think you'll get any cashback here as it sounds like you are going to need some level of intervention from a mod.

One of the Gurus can prod them to get you attention usually or a mod will come along soon for you.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 46

Thanks you have been most helpful @kinthos ! I was kind of hoping a mod would come along and save the day and tell me they have contacted Openreach and asked them to update my address (like I've seen in previous threads).

Will a helpful and heroic mod come out of the blue? *fingers crossed*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 46

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 46

Hi @thomjj Sorry you can't get your order placed online to avail of the cashback offer.

We will be happy to try and get this updated so you can place your order online if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 46

Thank you! 🙂 That's exactly what I needed. Hero!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 28 of 46

The mods are quite busy at the moment expect a reply in 5-6 days
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 46

Cool. Alright. *** edited by Mod***

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 46

Best to delete the ref number from your post

0 Ratings