cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 46

Re: Openreach address not correct so broadband order gets bounced.

I had a similar experience, where the line was installed, but I couldn't place an order. The actual issue aside, I couldn't get in touch with either OpenReach or BT retail as I didn't have an order and couldn't place one.

If the address is wrong and you can't place an order, then how do BT OR expect you to place an order?! I'm particularly down with BT at the moment as my 300Mbps FTTP line is currently achieving about 150 Mbps max, and about 10 Mbps most of the time.

The only solution I found was to ask BT Retail FTTH team to send off a form to OR, which eventually got processed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 46

Hey thanks for the advice. You're pretty lucky to be getting FTTP at all, I wish I could get it. I'm going to be stuck with G.fast for the next 10 years.

I'm not a BT engineer so I can't speculate about your connection issues but that doesn't sound right from a fiber connection.

I have been speaking to the FTTP/H team a lot actually because they're pretty helpful usually. They didn't offer to fill out a form for me though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 46

I just got this email from someone at OpenReach. I don't really buy that they are having capacity issues and I'm certainly not happy about waiting until January especially when selecting my old address allows me to instantly place an order...

You are connected to cabinet 23 and exchange CAMBRIDGE which is fibre enabled but there is a capacity issue cabinet is running out of space.

We do have a plane to increase the capacity this is still not ready for orders, it is still in designing stage which is expected to complete by the end of January 2017.

edited by mod

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 46

Something weird going on here, entering a selection of postcodes served by cab23 Cambridge in the DSL checker, none show FTTC availability. Normally it would show FTTC but indicate a capacity problem if full. Maybe Openreach now don't show FTTC unless there is capacity available. What does the checker show for your address now?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 46

That link didn't quite work but I checked the cabinet using the openrrach checker and it says that cabinet 23 is fttc enabled and was taking orders.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 46

Navigate to the address checker from here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 46

"Postcode only checks will not return any result for fibre services (FTTP, FTTC:VDSL and G.fast)."
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 46

@thomjj wrote:
"Postcode only checks will not return any result for fibre services (FTTP, FTTC:VDSL and G.fast)."

That's new. The address checker rather than postcode checker should still give results though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 46

Aha, right I'm with you.

I already know the address I enter will not have fttc cabability because it's a new address and OpenReach need to survey it.

The old address my flat used to be under was fttc capable though. It even says wbc fttp is available for order. God I wish I could order that instead.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 46

If you enter an address that is very close to you that is not new, you will at least see if the cabinet is full.

0 Ratings