cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 46

Re: Openreach address not correct so broadband order gets bounced.

I used the downstairs flat. It was fine. I asked the call centre what was up with 23 and they said there was plenty of capacity.

I'm really just waiting for my new address to be registered as fttc enabled. I wonder if I could just order fttp instead? I don't really know who to contact.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 46

I think all you can do is wait for the database to be updated. The cabinet doesn't appear to be full.

It is FTTPod rather than FTTP and orders are not being taken for that currently. Even if they were, the installation costs run into many thousands of pounds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 46

Thanks for the help. I have no idea when that'll happen. Hopefully the mods I contacted will get back to me soon.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 46

@DavidM I got a phone call from you to to tell me that you can't do anything because my address is listed as flat 1-2.

from Royal Mail:
"Our postcodes on-line service at www.royalmail.com will reflect this within 24-48 hours, although corrections/additions to our database can take several months to filter through to end users of Postcode Address File data.

This property is now registered as having a multi occupancy of 2 flats. Flat 1 and Flat 2.

This means they share a communal mail delivery point, therefore there can only be one listing on our main database. However, both flats are listed individually on our multi occupancy database, which is available for purchase by external companies. We have no jurisdiction over whether or not these external companies purchase the database.

Our postcodes on-line service at www.royalmail.com will reflect this within 28 days, although this correction can take several months to filter through to end users of Postcode Address File data.

We have no jurisdiction over how often external companies update their databases."

Apparently this is how it's supposed to appear and that if you want to have both addresses for a flat that shares a single post box BT should be buying access to a different database.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 45 of 46

@thomjj I've dropped David an email to let him know that you've posted. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 46

Thanks, much appreciated!
0 Ratings