cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Openreach cable problems since upgrading to Infinity Nov 2013

I have had daily, multiple disconnects practically every day since upgrading to Infinity at the end of November 2013. The issue has been escalated to a proactive team in Newcastle.

There is a cable issue which needs replacing. The job has been booked in at least twice and Openreach apparently told Newcastle it was being changed last week. It wasn't and it still hasn't been done.

Is there anything I can do to get them to do this work? And is this something the Ombudsman should get involved with?

And, technically, how come I have been getting this wretched issue every day bar a handful of days, since the end of November 2013???!!

Obviously not at all happy.

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Openreach cable problems since upgrading to Infinity Nov 2013

Just got call from Openreach. Something about a rope being installed and the cable being changed tomorrow. I hope.

Still, they did have the courtesy to call me and keep me informed so obviously not as miffed. Just praying this problem is resolved though as it's driving me nuts. Okay, nuttier 😉

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
Awahwah
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Sound like they needed to pull/rod a draw string before they pull your new cable with said newly installed draw string.

Installers are meant to leave the draw string in the duct just in case but I've seen no draw strings before. Real pain in the behind.
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

That sounds like a foreign language 😕 but hoping this blessed thing is fixed as yesterday and today it's been disconnecting every few minutes. (Yet oddly over the weekend it worked perfectly.)
artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings