cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Openreach database error?

My whole neighbourhood can get FTTC except my house. I have recently moved in and have tried placing an order (over the phone) with BT 6 times now. Every time, we've tried ordering fibre and usually 2 hours later it gets cancelled because of reasons on Openreach' end. The BT advisor recommending putting though an order for just the phone line to see if it would solve the issue. The order went through and on the day of activation, I checked Openreach fibre checker with the landline number and it was saying I could receive FTTC. I also checked dslchecker and there was a connection there, at very low speeds though. Today (a couple days after the activation of the phone line), Openreach is now saying I can't get FTTC (checking with the landline number I checked with previously). Every house within a couple of meters of me can get up to 80Mb/s but they think I can only get 1-3Mb/s. It's extremely frustrating because I get the impression it would be an easy fix on Openreach' end but getting through to them is easier said than done. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Openreach database error?

Can you enter your number HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove your number but leave the exchange and cab number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

My Home: (searching with landline)

My Neighbours:

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@ColinMcMwrote:

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! 

Speak to BT again, either the connections or help team, ask them to raise an NGA request.
This will send a request to Openreach, who will then look and see if FTTC should be available, normally takes around 5 working days for a reply, BT will then contact you with the results and next steps.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

If it is a new line the database won't have been updated yet, this normally happens every Friday. Check it again tomorrow afternoon.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi Richie! Thanks a lot for your advice. I will check tomorrow like @pippincp suggested, if not, I'll give them a ring and ask them to raise an NGA request
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look tomorrow!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@pippincp @-Richie- 

Just an update, Openreach' system still said I wasn't able to get it after checking recently. Phoned BT and got an NGA request put through and I will be contacted on Monday morning so here's hoping! 🤞

0 Ratings