cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgordon
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Openreach have the wrong postcode/address

I am going around in absolute circles trying to get my mother's postcode/address changed in Openreach.  BT customer service say it is up to the new provider to get this changed, new provider are adament that it is BT's responsibilty.

I see that I'm not the only one on this forum who have had this problem and it just seems crazy that both parties pass the buck.  Can any of the moderators on here help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach have the wrong postcode/address

Welcome to this user forum.

Its up to your current provider to amend the database, so if she is a BT Retail customer, then BT Retail is the only provider that can ask Openreach to update the database.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
bgordon
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thank you, I will have one more bash at contacting Customer (not so) Service & await for contact from a moderator.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 7

Hi @bgordon,

@Keith_Beddoe is right, it's up to your new provider to contact Openreach using their internal address correction processes. There's nothing we can do at present as the service is owned by another provider and it's non compliant for us to become involved in this process.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
bgordon
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe states it is up to BT the current provider to change the address not the provider to be. Therefore @DanielS it is BT'S responsibility as that is who my mother is currently with. Anyway I managed to talk to a very helpful person (unusual for BT) who has sent a request off to get it changed.  Fingers crossed this will happen.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I think @DanielS might be getting confused with similar posts where another provider is involved.

If your mother pays BT Retail for her line rental and calls, then its BT Retail who would have to correct the database.

I will flag the issue up again.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 7

My apologises @bgordon. I had thought they were already with another provider.

As she is still with us we will need to contact Openreach. I'm glad to hear that an adviser has made contact already. I've reached out to another person earlier today who is in the same position: Postcode / Landline mismatch

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings