Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wyjrca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Openreach have wrong postcode

Go to solution

I have been trying for months without success to have Openreach change their data base to reflect my correct postcode. Originally BT had the wrong postcode but a simply phone call resolved this and they informed me that after their system refreshed on 22nd of the month that Openreach would also have the correct postcode. Alas this was months ago and I seem to be going around in circles. What do I need to do?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Openreach have wrong postcode

Go to solution

Have you tried using this form?  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

0 Ratings
wyjrca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
Yes, I did. Thanks. Unfortunately on receipt I was advised to contact my 'communications service provider' i.e. BT! So I'm back to square one!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

It was probably an automated reply, keep submitting the form until you get a human response.

0 Ratings
wyjrca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks but it was a personal email informing me that they only advise the availability of the system and updating of their database. See below:
Dear James,

Thank you for your email.

In response to your query regarding to update the postcode in our database, we would like to inform you that you need to contact your communication service provider. So, that he can provide you the required assistance by contacting the relevant department (ORDI) on your behalf to update the address. As we are the team who can inform you about the availability of FTTC (FIBRE TO THE CABINET) OR FTTP( FIBRE TO THE PREMISES).
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @wyjrca

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having getting your postcode updated.  As long as your services are with BT then we should be able to give you a hand to get this sorted.

Send us over your details so that we can have a closer look.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @wyjrca,

Thanks for taking my call. Just to confirm, Openreach have now updated their records with the correct address details. If you have any other problems please post and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
wyjrca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks David, appreciate it.

Regards
James
0 Ratings
wyjrca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

David

I just tried to log on to 'my BT' and check my offers but couldn't connect because it said my postcode was incorrect. I phoned BT and they confirmed that they now have the wrong postcode.

It appears that my BT postcode has been changed to match the one held by Openreach and not the other way around!

Please advise.

0 Ratings