Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylver123
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Openreach markings on ground

Hello,

I have just noticed openreach have made markings on the pavement just slightly up from my FTTC cabinet.

They have marked a box shape on the ground very similar size of the previous FTTC cabinet and  long

markings on the ground near the box shape.

What could this be that they are planning to do?

I wonder if they are planing to install an upgraded FTTC cabinet with BT G.INP and Vectoring support.

The cabinet we currently have is a ECI cabinet and if I read correctly does not support BT G.INP, etc.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach markings on ground

could it be that your cab has reached max capacity and still new customers wanting fibre?

I really doubt openreach will replace your cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Why put a box shaped marking on the ground and other markings just because cab has reached max capacity?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

For a second box?

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 5 of 7

That's what I was thinking and perhaps the new box is going to have support for the newer technology built in.

As far as I am aware, they don't need to instal a new box just to increase the max capacity, or do they?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

they do if the existing box has reached capacity - that's what I said originally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

as mentioned possibly a 2nd dslam will be installed as the max capacity of an eci dslam is 256 ports. it could also be that the pcp is upgrading in capacity and it is not possible to reshell the existing one due to its location.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings