cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Openreach should be abolished

Odd all this. Never had any probs with Openreach or BT. Any probs and/or installs have been professional and timely. BT kept in communication all the way through. First class service!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 13

@Brunel wrote:
Odd all this. Never had any probs with Openreach or BT. Any probs and/or installs have been professional and timely. BT kept in communication all the way through. First class service!!

You've probably been lucky.

Most of the time, they seem to turn up when they say they will.  However I have suffered two missed appointments in a row before, and I wasn't at all happy.

It can be extremely annoying if you've taken time off work to meet an engineer, only for nobody to turn up.  BT can never offer any explanation, just another appointment, and a derisory £10 compensation.

Luckily, on the third attempt, I got someone who not only turned up, but was willing to spend a considerable amount of time finding out what had gone wrong.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 13

Had a business appointment to reconfig a phone switch.

Order placed 8th of Feb

Earliest engineer slot available 8th of March

8th of March arrives, no engineer and no call-back to let us know.

Engineer re-booked for earliest possible date, 6th of April...

Engineer arrives, declares switch part faulty, can't raise a fault

Fault raised, meant to be next business day response. Replacement part ordered after a week's wait, engineer arrives week after that...

0 Ratings