cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlwonky
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Openreach where and when says yes to FTTP but BT DSL checker says no

My line checker on the OpenReach where and when checker has said for the last month that my line is accepting orders for FTTP and then directs me to BT Retail which then says it isnt...

My BDUK provider (Fastershire) have also checked and said it has all been commisioned and that yes it is ready to accept orders but I think they use the same database as Openreach. I naively assumed that the the DSL checker used the same database but obviously not.

It's been like it for a month now and I assume the BT DSl database gets updated more frequently than that..

Not sure what to do now. The people who set it up say it is ready but the people who I place the order is say it isnt. Both direct me to each other to sort it out..

FWIW Our village is  too far from the cabinet for FTTC hence FTTP. The cables are laid,  fibre trays all done on the telegraph poles and commisioning completed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thx

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Openreach where and when says yes to FTTP but BT DSL checker says no

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I assume that's the DSL checker he's referring to.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

you could try calling the FTTP sales line on (0800 587 4787)
0 Ratings
carlwonky
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks - Have already given them a ring and they just ran my number through (I assume) the same DSL checker and said they couldn't help me and to contact my BDUK provider (who told me it was fine their end..).

0 Ratings
carlwonky
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

BTWs.jpg

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

I'd call back the FTTP team and ask them to check the Openreach where an when checker to confirm so they can see it for their own eyes. This might then prompt them to make enquiries to Wholesale/Openreach as to why the Wholesale DSL checker hasn't yet been updated to show that it's available.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
airgun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

carlwonky - I had exactly the same problem, the Openreach wesbite showed availability for approx. 10 days before the BT Wholesale showed the correct info.

It seems all ISP's go off the data shown on the BT Wholesale checker, I think all you can do is keep the BT checker daily and as soon as it's updated call BT to order.

0 Ratings