cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Openreach

Go to solution

I am confused by the constant reference by community moderators that Openreach is not BT. I have spoken to several Openreach engineers who are very tongue in cheek about the arrangement. Why dont we come clean about the arrangement put in place in 2006 and let us all get a workable broadband system. The answer"it's not BT" or "it's not Openreach" should not be allowed, Openreach is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach

Go to solution

openreach is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BT Group as is your ISP BT Retail.  however OFCOM specifically ruled that openreach cannot treat Bt Retail any differently from any other ISP - TT,  SKY etc.  The reference on the forum about BT refers to our ISP BT Retail and not the BT Group

If it was seen that BT Retail received preferential treatment from openreach then the first to report it would be the other ISPs, followed by the publicity of a heavy fine by OFCOM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
The British Telecommunications Group plc is a Corporation of Companies..... They own something like 200+ companies across the World....

BT Retail and Openreach just happen to be two of those companies.....

Openreach operate completely independently from the other collective Group Companies, i.e. BT Retail, BT Wholesale, BT Operate, etc.......

Anyway, explain exactly how we would have a 'workable' broadband system if Openreach said they were BT?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for that, I guess I should have realised that preferential treatment would not be  an option.

0 Ratings