cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speedtrip
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Opportunity to test BT UHD model ..... but ...

Go to solution

.... what happens if I wire up my friends 4K BT box and use it online in place of my current DTR2100 / Entertainment Plus configuration ?

I just want to see how it works with my Samsung, and if its a faster box overall - obviously I wont be able to view the 4K BT Sport.

Will it update my 'discovered' new Box online on the BT Servers, or download anything ?

I guess more importantly, would any changes made online during the test impact reverting back to my DTR2100 / G4 config ?

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards, ST

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Opportunity to test BT UHD model ..... but ...

Go to solution

You'll be fine. The test box will temporarily become your registered box until you swap back to the original box. You might need to go through a registration process when you swap them but that's usually no problem at all.

Any On Demand content that you have purchased will move with the boxes and you'll only get the channels you are registered for, not your friend.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I suspect it will download an isp profile configuration that is consistent with your own BT subscription. You may need to change the Youview Hdmi display  setting to one compatible with your TV.  

0 Ratings
Gemma_P
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @speedtrip

The UHD set top box should work. It will download your profile / subscriptions to it, so can view the channels on entertainment plus package.

As you said, you won't be able to view the 4K content.

Once you swap back to your old box, it will download your profile back to that box.

If you have any problems at all, send me a PM with your telephone number and I'll take a look for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks everybody - thats much appreciated - will be trying it over the w/end.

@ Gemma-P .... thank you for offering to help with problems .... if all is well, I'll be looking to purchase a UHD Box ... hoping I can stay on Ent-Plus tho, esp as I get a discount for another 11 months !

0 Ratings