cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Opt out BT WIFI Error

Hello,

i have repeatedly tried to opt out of BT Wifi but always met with an error, can someone tell me how you fully opt out?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Opt out BT WIFI Error

Have you seen these links

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-turn-wi-fi-on-and-off-on-the-bt-hub-

Once you have followed the links it can take up to 28 days for the process to be completed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Well yeah, but as I say, it pops up with an error...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

There were two links.

Which pops up with an error? Is it when you opt out on the hub or opt out on the form?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

When I try to opt out of open BT WiFi on the website so that freeloaders can't use my WiFi.

It says there has been an error and they are looking into it. To fully opt out of bt WiFi.

The first link

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

"Freeloaders" can only use your BTWifi if they are BT customers. You will always get priority over any bandwidth. You can also use the BTWifi hotspots when you are out and about. If you opt out you will not be able to do that but that of course is your choice.

Have you tried opting out on the hub. It has the same effect. As I said it can take up to 28 days to turn it off on the hub but once that is done no "freeloaders" as you call them will be able to use your hub as a BTWifi hotspot.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Where's the option on the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

My mistake, I thought you could opt out from the Smarthub but apparently not.

If you call the BTWifi Team on  0800 111 4567 they should be able to opt you out.

0 Ratings