cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ticktock
Message 1 of 5

Option 1 usage

Just got Option 1 broadband with a wireless homehub 2.0.  Have to say that at the moment I love it. Get good connection speeds, but thats by the by.  Son has just connected his xbox 360 via wired connection.  How much use of xbox online can he use without me going over the limit of 10gb? He does not host any games and plays halo online as well as talking to his buddies.  I surf the web and occasionally download trailers and you tube.  We have also connected the wii and my other son plays mario kart on line every day for a hour. Do you think I will go over the limit? Do any of you have a similar set up - what is your usage?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Option 1 usage

Hi ticktock

The following table is from our info on usage via www.bt.com/help

The amount of data is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). 1MB=1024KB, 1GB=1024MB.

File/activity typeApproximate size
Email 4KB
Digital photo 1MB
Music track 4MB
Movie* 225MB
30 minutes streaming of BBC iPlayer programme (at 500kbps) 108MB
High Definition Movie 4GB

I believe that most Xbox live usage can be hard to measure as it depends on the game on can vary.  I think an hour could be up to aorund 15-20MB each hour and probably much the same for the Wii but maybe someone else has a bit more accurate info? 

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

the cvoice coms on the xbox will use up more bandwidth thant the game normally, and if any live updates or patches are applied some of them i believe can be a few GB insize, you would be well advised to ring hte help line for hte bb usage after the first week and ask how its ticking along, if nothing else for piece of mind, and if its much over what you expected perhaps think about changing the package.
0 Ratings
ISP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Honestly I think you will go over the download limit of 10 GB. I'm on Option 3 for the unlimited downloads (subject to fair usage of course). I use the PS3 and PC everyday for hours after work and find that I only use about 16 GB allowance each month. Tempted to go to Option 2. I watch tv programmes, films, use youtube, play hours of gaming and still can't seem to go over the 20 GB mark. I would recommend you monitored your usage and see if Option 2 (20 GB) would suit you. There are 5 comps/laptops in my house and I am the only gamer. If there is more than one gamer I would be doubtful if Option 1 would be enough.

0 Ratings
robinbredin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

@ticktock wrote:

Just got Option 1 broadband with a wireless homehub 2.0.  Have to say that at the moment I love it. Get good connection speeds, but thats by the by.  Son has just connected his xbox 360 via wired connection.  How much use of xbox online can he use without me going over the limit of 10gb? He does not host any games and plays halo online as well as talking to his buddies.  I surf the web and occasionally download trailers and you tube.  We have also connected the wii and my other son plays mario kart on line every day for a hour. Do you think I will go over the limit? Do any of you have a similar set up - what is your usage?  Thank you.

Hi, I would recommend that you get net meter to keep an eye on your usage.

0 Ratings