cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Orange light flashes on hub when using phone.

I have recently moved my BT home hub 2 from a position where it was working fine, but needed to have this closer to my media systems to enable me to attach an ethernet cable (though this not yet done). I am able to connect to the internet fine, however, as soon as I use the phone the orange light flashes and I lose my internet connection. I have connected the adsl filters as per the instructions and have tried a further 5 filters just to ckeck that I was not using a faulty filter. I have also fully replaced the extension cable from the main socket to it's current location. Is this normal after a move and will it settle down?

Hope someone can help!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Orange light flashes on hub when using phone.

you could be suffering from interference from your media system TV etc the hub should be as far away as possible from them as as they can be major causes of interference
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

were you originally in the master socket?  is there anything else conenction to the phone system like sky?  if you replace the hub does the broadband still disconnect when making a call?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Have tried moving position in room and moved to another room where no electrical items, still flashes when phone rings!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Was previously on an extension socket, have resited hub and still get same problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

do you have a test socket  test socket.jpg   if so have you tried connecting the hub via filter to the test socket with no extension and then seeing if phone call still drops connection/orange flashing light

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Have just tried as described but still throwing out internet connection.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

if you have connected to the test socket via a new filter and no phone connected and still dropping internet connection when phoned from mobile then it sounds like a high resistence fault and you need to contact mods for help.  it does seem s strange coincidence that this happened when you moved from 1 socket to another

contact mods

can take up to 3/5 working days for mods to contact you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

hi yes you need mods help
0 Ratings