Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmoore
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

'Order Delayed' - What & Why?

Hello,

I ordered a BT TV, Broadband & Phone package on the 1st April. Chosen installation date was 29th April.

On the 'track my order' page, it says the following at the top of the page next to a phone symbol: "We're sorry, but your order has been delayed. There may be a delay with your number port, we will contact you if this will affect your service."

Can anyone help me understand the specifics of exactly what this means? I can see it says my engineer and activation appointment is confirmed for the 29th, as is the delivery of the required equipment, but is my order actually delayed beyond the 29th April now? This is unclear to me...

Given the problems I've had with getting through to BT via livechat or phonecall, I am unwilling to leave this entirely up to chance, especially as I have to take a day off work to let the engineer in (if he comes).

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Jmoore
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: 'Order Delayed' - What & Why?

Ok finally got through to chat. Have been assured there is no problem with my order and installation will go ahead as planned. Hopefully you won't hear from me again....

0 Ratings
Darkish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I had something similar. I got through to chat and was made promises as well, which didn’t materialise. I was left without a telephone for nearly week (even now not connected properly) and since have no broadband.

They changed my order without my consent and when asked why, they just hung up on me. My advice to anybody who is brave enough to sign up to BT is, always worry until connection has been made and don’t believe anything they tell you over the phone as that is usually just to make you go away.

You maybe lucky, so good luck

0 Ratings
Jmoore
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the advice -  that is very concerning. I am definitely expecting further troubles with this but not sure what I can really do given there is no UK call centre yet! (that I am aware of)

0 Ratings