sid2
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Order amendment

Hi,

I ordered for a new BT broadband connection yesterday with an installation date late August. However, BT has amended the order and has put a date of start August. We wont be in the flat by then. Second, the order track shows as order cancelled and then amended. Not sure why they cancelled or amended. The team tells everything is fine and order is still valid.

As I went through a cash back site, will this affect my cashback?

Second, how can I get them to honour the date of installation at the time of order rather than their convenient date?

If this cannot be sorted, then I prefer to cancel the BT order and go with another offer with another provider.

Can someone clarify their experience with BT regarding any of the above?

Thanks for your time.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
sid2
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT won't payout Quidco cashback

Hi,

I am in similar shoes. I order my broadband yesterday but BT has amended my order without my involvement. They have deliberately done this to change the order date to a previous date which wasn't requested by me.

Will this affect my cashback? If it does, I want to cancel my BT order as I am still within the cooling period.

If it does not affect the cashback I want assurance that it wont affect so I can stay on this contract.

Please clarify.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

If you contact BT using Live Chat they should be able to answer your questions. You can keep a copy of the transcript should there be a problem in the future.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/chat/contact_chat/queue_id/332/c/7619,7623

0 Ratings
sid2
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

many thanks for your reply.

Ok. I;ll attempt to ask them again. 

I spent two hours this morning speaking to them on livechat and couldnt get a reason as to why there was a change in the first place.

will try again now.

it seems like pot luck on who u get to answer ..

thanks a lot

0 Ratings
sid2
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

guess what they are totally useless...thy are now telling that i'll be connected in two days time when i wont even be moved in. they must be kidding with their services. guess what im still within the cooling period and want to cancel altogether if they cant sort this mess.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 12

Hi @sid2

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you've found it so difficult to get information about the order you placed.  We can take a look at your order from here.

Send us over your details and as soon as you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
sid2
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Hi RobbieMac,

I have now sent the requested details including order reference number and sales reference number. Please resolve this so I can keep the order as placed.

If not, then please advice as to how I can cancel the order without any consequences during the cool off period given that it's not been installed yet.

thanks for your time..

Cheers,

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 8 of 12

Hi @sid2,

I can see that the telephone part of your order has completed and the Infinity order has been reissued. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't speaking to you today. I'm back in the office tomorrow, please let me know what would be the best time to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
sid2
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Re: Order amendment

Hi Paddy,
Thanks for your email and the update. Sorry my SIM card is out of my phone whilst I'm waiting for a replacement handset. I've left an alternate number when I called last week. I've also followed this up with chat and asked them to pass the alternate number.

I can see that the broadband order is now going through. I'll wait for it to go through fully. Please do give me a ring if there are any changes.

Thanks
0 Ratings
sid2
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Re: Order amendment

Hi, it's appalling that despite contacting BT several times over the last week I'm yet to receive a call back. Can someone call me on the mobile number I left yesterday night with the customer services. Same number given to broadband team last week and on Sunday evening online chat. Please call back urgently.
0 Ratings