cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billoday
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Ordered BT TV online on 29th September

I ordered online, when I called today to query the order I was told it was in suspense because a further mobile order had been made and the system can only deal with one order at a time.  I have been told I have to wait until the second order has been processed and then resubmit the first. This seems bizarre. Has anyone had a similiar issue?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
hippey
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ordered BT TV online on 29th September

Unfortunately that is very true, there are large parts of the BT Retail order system that can only process one order; even then you have to wait 24 hours from the last order before you place another.

There does appear to be the odd exception, normally orders which can be completed straight away such as account administration changes; but anything which involves a product is a one by one affair, unless it's a package order.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Its actually designed that way. A single order will spawn a number of associated tasks which have to be completed in a specific order. For example, there is no point in trying to configure a BT Vision account, if the actual bearer has not been commissioned.

Some of these task will be issued to other parts of BT, and as each one is completed, the next task in the chain can be issues.

If one of these tasks are delayed for any reason, then things can grind to a halt.

Orders that do not involve other parts of BT, can usually be completed within 48 hours.

You could imagine what chaos would occur if multiple orders were progressed together. Even an order for BT Mobile may be dependent on other parts of BT.

People who place an order, and then decide to cancel, can find that they have to wait a long time before a new order can be placed, with BT or any other provider.

0 Ratings
billoday
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

The problem is that having ordered BT TV they then allowed me to order a mobile Sim and this killed the BTTV order! absolute chaos.
0 Ratings