cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Normski1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Ordered Infinity 2 now being told capacity issues?!

So after what felt like an eternity Infinity became available on my telephone number! Hurrah. So I ordered on the same day (December 31st) that it went live. All going well when I received the new router from BT and an activation date. Then it all fell apart.

The activation data of Jan 11th came and went and after multiple calls/promises of call backs that never happened was still without it. Thankfully 'standard' ADSL with BT was still working...

After much chasing I was finally told there are 'capacity issues' on the cabinet! HOW?! I know folk living around me on the road who signed up many days after me are now up and running. Yet i'm not. Being told April/May before they review thigs. SERIOUSLY?! So till then my order remains outstanding and an unknown nature if I will EVER be able to get it.

Any folk out there who could help please and perhaps look into if there is any way I can get the good stuff??

I've listed the output from the checker as that what seems to be required but if there's anything else let me know and will list it.

Cheers,

Noman

Telephone Number xxxxxx on Exchange BEAUMONT is served by Cabinet 11

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)68.451.318.512.445.7Available----Yes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)51.63014.96.722.4Available----Yes--
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 11--9 to 13Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 11Up to 19 to 13Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available--------
Fixed Rate2----Available--------
VDSL Multicast------Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Ordered Infinity 2 now being told capacity issues?!

They're talking rubbish.

Even if it was a capacity issu, it would only need a new line card which usually takes a couple of weeks.

The fact it shows available indicates it's NOT a capacity problem.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Does the blurb at the bottom of the DSL checker say there's an open order on the line?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Normski1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the amazingly quick reply! It certainly sounds like i'm being fobbed-off but just can't get anywhere with them.

I can't see anything relating to an order either. There defintely IS one though! The only info listed is:

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Doesn't look as though an order has been submitted to BT Wholesale then. I think you need to call up and escalate to a manager who can look into this for you.

Once an order is with the Suppliers, BT Wholesale, it would show on that page.
0 Ratings
Normski1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

That's incredibly worrying! I wonder what the heck they've done then to send a router out!, show an order in progress on the tracking page, etc. Will get on the phone to them first thing. Many thanks once again.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

If you get no joy, post back and hopefully a moderator will be able to look into it for you 🙂
0 Ratings
Normski1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Was on the phone to them earlier. STILL no luck. They weren't having any of it. They said the information was wrong and the order has indeed been placed.

So...please Mods can you look into this for me?? Really frustrated that they (as in BT) are litterally saying 'computer says no' 😞

Cheers,

Noman

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Normski1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

What a star! Thanks Keith 🙂
0 Ratings