Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kynrai
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Ordered infinity but no option to install it

Go to solution
Hello everyone,

I have been a infinity customer in the past and a BT engineer in the past. I have recently ordered BT infinity and my expected activation date was 12 February. I chose the home self install with the HH5.

As with all my past BT customer experience the only thing that went right was the delivery of the HH5.

No activation and even worse no phone line or dial tone. I have used the automated system to file a fault and apparently I might have basic phone line in 6 days!!!

But I digress, my question is around why I don't have an engineer or the equipment to install the infinity socket, the red vDSL cable. Even if my phone line worked, which it did with talk talk hours before, I do not have any option to use infinity, only DSL.

Is there something I am missing? How do I get infinity installed.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ordered infinity but no option to install it

Go to solution

Hi @Kynrai and welcome.

I'm sorry there's been a delay with getting you connected. The quickest way to get an update on this would be to contact our order chat team, they're open Monday to Friday 9 - 5.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You don't have an engineer because you chose self install!!

There is no such thing as an 'Infinity socket' any socket with a built in or separate plug-in filter will suffice. Why do you need a 'red VDSL cable' , the HH5 just plugs into the filter exactly the same as it does for ADSL

0 Ratings
Kynrai
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the clarification. There used to be a separate red vDSL socket which an engineer would come and fit for you and you used this to get infinity. So there is such a thing. If thus entire process is now just part of HH5 then I was not aware since the instructions still state that infinity should have the red port
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Openreach don't bother with the fancy Infinity faceplates any more unless it's a very flaky line with borderline connectivity.  It turns out that a standard ADSL microfilter, as supplied with the Home Hub, works perfectly well for VDSL as well.

0 Ratings