cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Callum_S
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Ordering Youview

Hi im looking to add youview to my phone and net package ( had it a month now)

When trying to order online BT are asking for £100 upfront plus £49 for the box, I have already paid £100 upfront last month would I have to do it again?

Also my connection is only 1.6Mbps will YV run ok?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ordering Youview

The BT Vision system requires a good, reliable, 2M to work.  2.5M is better.

Presumably the YouView box would still work fine as a standalone Freeview recorder, but I suspect BT wouldn't want to sell you a subsidised one if BT Vision isn't going to work.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Im also looking to upgrade my BT package to add BT Vision to it but I dont need a YouView box as I already own a YouView box. Would BT let me add BT Vision to my YouView set up by adding it to a package.  So it all come in one bill. The now im on BT Infinity 2 with evening and weekend calls.

Darren

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

@ney wrote:

Im also looking to upgrade my BT package to add BT Vision to it but I dont need a YouView box as I already own a YouView box. Would BT let me add BT Vision to my YouView set up by adding it to a package.  So it all come in one bill. The now im on BT Infinity 2 with evening and weekend calls.

Darren

Hi ney,

If you have a Youview box then just use the BT app to register you will then get it for £10 a month and not tied into a 12 month contract, you won't also have to pay the £49 setup fee.

If you have more than one TV you could get a BT box and sign-up for a 12 month rental and then use both boxes 

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the reply walkerx I may just end up doing that but as my BT Infinity 2/evening and weekend call package is up for renewal sometime in May. I had been hoping to add all so I get just one bill.

I had also seen somewhere online that for now you could not use two boxes conected to the internet as it would slow down the broadband speed a little.

Darren

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

@ney wrote:

Thanks for the reply walkerx I may just end up doing that but as my BT Infinity 2/evening and weekend call package is up for renewal sometime in May. I had been hoping to add all so I get just one bill.

I had also seen somewhere online that for now you could not use two boxes conected to the internet as it would slow down the broadband speed a little.

Darren

If you on Infinity 2 with good speeds then streaming via two boxes ain't gonna cause much problem - i stream to multiple devices at once and still use the internet

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Just went to the BT site to order BT Vison player and it dont list the £10 a month optioin. It lists.

BT Vision Essential    Find out more

This TV package gives you:

• Access to Catch Up TV for the best programmes from BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5
  • A taster of BT Vision's On Demand Film, TV, Kids and Music
  • Additional On Demand programmes from 50p a show
  • No broadband usage charges: All your On Demand and Catch Up is exempt from your monthly BT Broadband allowance
  • BT Vision+ box to pause, rewind and record Freeview TV
  • Only £5 a month on a 12 month minimum term

BT Vision Unlimited    Find out more

• Access to Catch Up TV for the best programmes from BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5
  • Unlimited access to all On Demand Film, TV, Sport, Kids and Music
  • Additional On Demand Box Office films to rent
  • No broadband usage charges: All your On Demand and Catch Up is exempt from your monthly BT Broadband allowance
  • BT Vision+ box to pause, rewind and record Freeview TV
  • Only £12.50 a month on a 12 month minimum term

BT Vision - Essential Extra   

• Access to your favourite entertainment channels
  • Catch Up TV for the best TV programmes from BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5
  • Vision+ box to pause, rewind and record live TV
  • Only £7 a month on a 12 month minimum term

At top of page it says.  If you would like to move to a BT Vision Player service not shown here please call us on 0800 345 7310 and choose option 1.

Any ideas what I should do.

My BT Infinity 2/evening and weekend call package is also up for renewal at the end of May.

Darren

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

If you load up the BT Player on your retail Youview box it will ask if you want to sign-up (from what i can remember)

here you go - BT Player and you get 30 days free - bonus

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Thats the site I went to and after you try and sign up it dont listed the BT Vision player for £10 just what I listed above.

Darren

0 Ratings