Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marpate1
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Ordering phones during house move

Hi all,

I thought I'd rant here rather than be stuck in a queue for 30 minutes. Hopefully a mod can help me out.

So, I contacted BT via the website for a house move and ordered two telephones at the same time to be delivered when we moved in. Simple ehough, one would think, but no 😞

A few days after moving, I checked the order and Royal Mail tracking. The phones had been dispatched to an old address that we haven't lived in for a  few years. Not really an issue, but I spent ages on the phone to BT and when I eventually got through to someone who could help, I explained the situation and gave my new address. I was promised the phones next day.

So next day comes and goes and the day after we were doing some gardening at the old house and the neighbour popped around with what I thought were the new phones. Great, I thought, but after a while I checked and actually the parcel was for a DSL modem. Not bad, but not when I expected. So, I checked the latest order on the website and the status was complete. Great .. BT thought that they had completed the order .. but not what I expected.

Come on guys, your CRM sucks. It's not rocket science to dispatch phones to a new address during a online house move transaction surely? Perhaps it's just me, but working for a vendor on latest telecoms products, I expect CRM to work. Clearly it doesn't and the help I recieved after paying for a 30 minute mobile call proved fruitless.

If I were a school teacher ... D- Please try harder. As it is, I'm a telecoms professional and would expect so much more from BT.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ordering phones during house move

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings