cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TommybF1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Our order is an absolute shambles

I don't even know how to sum up our order, it's been a series of failures.

We were in the process of buying our first house but there was a gap between moving in and our rental tenancy ending so we rang BT to explain we'd be moving in with family for a few of months and didn't know what to do with our order.

The guy on the phone explained we could suspend our order, let him know when we were moving in and it could all be reactived in our new place, it should be quick and easy as the current owners have a BT line, and that on top of that we'd get more TV channels than we currently had as we'd get BT Entertainment Max, so we thought that all sounded great, but then it all just messed up.

We rang once we had a completion date but we were told it'd be the Thursday after until they could activate our account but we didn't mind that so that we waited. Thursday came and went with no internet, we rang Friday and were told something went wrong and it'd be activated Saturday. Come Sunday we still had no internet. We rang again and after being passed around about 20 different people at BT, constantly explaining our issue to each new person, never getting an answer until we insisted someone actually tell us something. We finally spoke to someone who told us our order had been cancelled, and they'd need to put in a new order. And we'd have to wait another week or so to get the internet.

This was becoming an issue as my wife works from home, we could just about connect to hotspot though so we left it and waited until we were connected. However we were becomming confused about our TV package so we rang the direct line we'd been given to an employee, think his name is Steven. He explained we 'shouldn't have a TV package right now and that the broadband was the key, and once it was connected then we could order our new TV package.'

Until that phonecall we could see on our account that we had the Entertainment Max package, however later that night when thankfully the internet was FINALLY activated, we no longer had a TV package, so like Stephen said we ordered a new package, it looked like Entertainment Plus was the same so we ordered that, as I type this I still don't have the box and any TV depsite it being 'activated' yesterday.

We then received a lovely email saying we were being charged £190 for cancelling our TV package. This just felt like it was becomming a joke! We rang to ask, and obviously it was an error on your part, but we might still have to be charged before it can be refunded. We didn't even want to cancel it, that was clearly Stephen who cancelled it after he realised we still had a TV package but shouldn't!

However on closer inspection BT Plus isn't the same as BT Max, we won't get the HD channels or the kids channels. We're so annoyed it's getting ridiculous now. So much for it being a quick and easy process.

We're still waiting for our TV package, it's now late too, and it's now not the right package. We'd really like this to be explained to us about how you can systematically keep failing us, what our actual package is going to be, and how much we're going to pay! Everyone just seems to dance around the questions.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Our order is an absolute shambles

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 6

Hi @TommybF1

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see that you have had so much trouble with your order.  It sounds like an absolute nightmare to be perfectly honest!

I can see that your broadband service is working now which is good so we will help get the TV side of things sorted.  Receiving the email about being charged for canceling BT TV looks like an error on our part as you've mentioned so we will look into that for you also.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
TommybF1
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Order is still not sorted. This is getting pretty ridiculous now.

BT can't even manage to deliver a simple item now.

To add more information, broadband extenders and our youview+ box were meant to be delivered today, only the box was delivered not the extenders so we still can't watch TV because the box can't reach the router to connect, which is why we ordered the extenders. But apparently BT can't even manage to deliver items now! So we're having to wait another two days while you send out some more. If that was the only problem we'd encountered then that'd be fine but it's yet another issue in an incredibly long list of failures.

To add some context companies like Amazon and Argos can manage to deliver the same day, you're a huge company, why can you not handle a simple delivery? You literally haven't got anything right with our order.

To top it all off I spoke to someone on your online chat today who informed me we're in a brand new 24 month contract. Someone needs to explain to me why that's the case. Because YOU cancelled our account, we just wanted to move it from one house to another, but you messed that up, cancelled it and put a new order in for us. Why does that mean we pay the price and have to stay with you for another 24 months stuck in the same contract. That seems incredibly unfair if not border line illegal. You messed up the order, not us, we didn't want to start a new contract, you did it all for us. We've already been with you for around 20 months, and honestly want to start looking elsewhere because you have been nothing but a catasthopic failure!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@TommybF1

Have you contacted @RobbieMac as requested, as his team has the best hope of sorting it out?

0 Ratings
TommybF1
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Yes he rang on Monday, said he'd call Tuesday (today) to make sure the TV was working but he then left a message to say he's not in today and it'll have to be Wednesday. So nothing's sorted yet.

0 Ratings