cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianlaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Outlook Express fault: Not finishing downloading new messages:Error Ox800CCCOF

My Outlook Express stopped working properly a couple of days ago.

Opens OK, but then fails to complete the downloading of my new messages/e-mails.

The following error message is produced:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Can anyone suggest a solution?

I have been in touch with Technical Help, but they seemed unable to assist and I ran out of time, so was unable to conclude the "Help" session.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Outlook Express fault: Not finishing downloading new messages:Error Ox800CCCOF

@Ianlaw wrote:

My Outlook Express stopped working properly a couple of days ago.

Opens OK, but then fails to complete the downloading of my new messages/e-mails.

The following error message is produced:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Can anyone suggest a solution?

I have been in touch with Technical Help, but they seemed unable to assist and I ran out of time, so was unable to conclude the "Help" session.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The problem is usually one of two things, either an account access problem - possibly fleeting, but can last a few days - alternatively somethin is interferring with the connection, possibly a firewall or security product. If the latter, check something called "Email scanning". If this is on, turn it off for both receive and send.

You might also like to try a specific receive request in OE by clicking the down arrow and choosing the option.

Another thing might be a corrupt email, causing OE to have an access failure. The usual way to check this is to login to webmail via a browser and see what's in the Inbox. You can then move them all (or just the "top" one) into a temporary folder - moving them back one at a time into the Inbox and retrying OE.

0 Ratings