cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexthorburn
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Outlook and BT Mail

I had problems with BT Mail timing out in the middle of working on an email.   A friend suggested linking through Outlook. 

However, it appears to have changed everything and features are missing.  Also, when I look at deleting Outlook it tells me that I will lose all my email data and I cannot have that happen.

Can I simply delete Outlook and still have my BT emails when I log back in to BT Mail?

I get a large volume of emails daily and cannot lose them.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Outlook and BT Mail

Do you mean MS Outlook, mail client or Outlook.com the mail service. If the former, how have you set it up IMAP or POP? If IMAP your mail will still be on the server if you delete Outlook. If POP, it will still be on the server of you ticked the option to leave a copy of the mail on the server.

Having said a that, if you access webmail and your mail is still in your inbox, then you won't lose them by deleting Outlook.

As belt and braces, you could always make a copy of the Outlook .PST file.
0 Ratings
alexthorburn
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks

I will try this out.

I have over 8.000 emails and only clear them every 6 to 9 months and there are a host of email trails that I cannot lose.

Thanks again.

Alex

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I have to say though that using MS Outlook is a far superior way to handle email than webmail. Which 'features' do you consider to be missing?

0 Ratings