cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debell
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Outrageous customer service.

My mums phone went down last Thursday, I reported it on Friday and was told it would be 30 hours. I explained she was 86 and vulnerable relying on an alarm which works through the phone line and was met with total indifference! The next morning, Saturday, she fell and was unable to use her alarm so had to lie there until her carers came. She is now in hospital. 30 hours later I rang to ask why the fault hadn't been repaired and to report that my mother was in hospital due to not being able to use her alarm and was told the original report had got stuck in the system and it would be another 24 hours! It was not repaired until the Monday morning. When I submitted a complaint through the complaints page online I was contacted on Monday afternoon and asked what I expected from them as they would be prepared to offer £5 refund for the 3 days line rental that the phone wasn't working. I think this is an insult, an old lady is in hospital after laying on the floor for an hour and a half unable to contact anyone. Everyone to whom I spoke was obviously in a call centre with a script card in front of them. Do I take legal advise?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Outrageous customer service.

Sorry to hear about your mother's fall. While not much use in this instance you can registered her for priority repairs. See this link.

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

It might also be worth considering getting her a cheap pay as you go mobile phone that she can carry around with her should the phone system go down again.

0 Ratings
Debell
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Have just found out about priority service whilst trying to find the complainnts precedure. That would have helped but a mobile phone is a non starter as she is scared by technology but thanks for your response.

0 Ratings
Lurkalot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Perhaps a phone from Age UK might help, optimised for senior citizens. Also ask them for advice generally?

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/products/mobility-and-independence-at-home/mobile-phones/

0 Ratings