Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valus
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Outstanding bill for equipment

Hi

So I have an outstanding final bill for £34.64 that is mostly for an equipment charge. I left BT a few days earlier than I should - my mistake, fair enough for policy and all that jazz I should be charged (even if it's too much for an old hub), but what has really irritated me is that I received packaging to return the router and did so, assuming this charge would be dropped as they've asked for it back; having just spoken to 2 people on the phone it won't be.

I said I would like the router back in that case as I could make some money by selling it on eBay (not much but that's not the point) and in any case I will have paid for it if they're still going to charge me for it so should be mine! All I got was it's policy, nothing they can do, wouldn't even put me through to someone senior. I know it's not the biggest amount in the world but it's annoyed me all the same. 

Wonder how long I can leave it before the men from 'if you can't pay we'll take it away' come a knockin! 😉 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
DavidM
Message 2 of 2

Re: Outstanding bill for equipment

Hi @Valus and welcome.

I can appreciate how annoying this must be for you but the cancellation charges are covered in section 13 of the BT Home Phone and Broadband Service Terms & Conditions. If you've sent the hub back it will have been recycled whcih is what the returns kit was sent to you for.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings