cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Over a Month of waiting... still no resolution date

Well after an initial activation date of 20th March and many hours spent on hold I still have no broadband. I have a £15 phone bill from my initial chase, and since finally getting my phone connected earlier this month, I still have no broadband which is all I joined BT for.

Utterly dissatisfied and if I have no further information this week I will be cancelling my subscription and joining the masses of people who warn future customers away from BT. I have had several slow and unhelpful reactions to my regular calls and queries. Each time I get a new "Account Manager" who's going to deal with my query personally and call me back in 48 hours. 72 hours later after having patiently waited I have to chase again, from scratch and explaining my issue from the ground up. Then I get a new name in India, who "understands my frustration" and will be updating me... I never hear back.

All I wanted was a date for when I will be connected, if it was close I'd have been prepared to wait.. if it was far out I'd have gone elsewhere. Something tells me BT knew that it would be a slow process hence their lack of transparency. I'm unable to work from home without an internet connection and I'm fully understanding why the BT consistently hit the bottom of the Which.co.uk independent polls! Can someone in the UK provide me with some detail?

I've invested enough time chasing, perhaps someone could offer me some help? If not I'll go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Over a Month of waiting... still no resolution date

Are you waiting for a BT Business connection, as you mentioned an account manager?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Hi Keith,

It's not a business connection I'm afraid. I do work from home but I just use the normal services... or had hoped to.

I believe it's just a phrase to make me feel more secure and reassured.

It worked.. initially... but after three separate points of contact I've lost faith in that choice of words!

After the first two weeks of waiting I got the loose explanation that there's an issue with allocation at the exchange. Then it transpired that they gave my connection to someone else. Now I'm back to waiting with no updates or further information.

I thought I'd try the forums in the hope for UK support and at least a log of any contact.

Sadly I've even had promise of my case details and contact instances to be emailed, a later Account Manager explained that was not possible and couldn't understand why that would have been promised.

It's all very disjointed!

Hopefully a UK contact might see this and offer some advice 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

Provided that you are not running a business on a residential line, which is not allowed, I will ask for help.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 22

Hi Manasor85,

I'm sorry to see there is a delay getting your broadband connected.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile  to send me over your details and we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Thanks Keith and NeilO.

Filled out the form and received an email back saying I should be contacted within 24 hours - or during busier periods it can be up to 48 hours.

This feels familiar!

We'll see how things go through this path though. I've invested so much time and effort into this it would be daft to not explore this final avenue.

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Well once again... for the 6th time BT's idea of 48 hours has became 72 hours with absolutely no contact.

I've waited over a month to be connected. Throughout that period I've wasted hours on the phone accumulating fees, I've lost a month of Netflix subscription and Deezer AND even had to PAY £6 for the useless router to sit on my desk and flash an amber B at me.

I now join the hundreds/thousands of dissatisfied customers who vote BT bottom of the satisfaction surveys.

If only I had of listened to Which.co.uk who had these disorganised liars come last in their polls for at least 2 years.

All it would have taken is a polite call to explain the issue and give an approximate resolution date.

It's basic customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

the mods will get back to you and take personal responsibility for your problem.  however when you submitted the email you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod assistance who all consider their problem a priority so the mods deal with the emails in order or receipt to ensure equal treatment for everyone

at present the mods are taking from other posts about 3/5 working days to get back to you either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

That 48 hours is now a week - STILL with utterly no contact on here or explanation or fix date from my numerous lengthy phone calls to India.

This is the worst experience I've ever had.

I wish you company the very worst of luck with the future and I sincerely hope all of the BT staff and employees are lucky enough to experience Customer Service like I have just once in their life.

I know none of you would be happy with this... I'm just sorry for anyone else in the same boat as me.

It really does emphasise just how fantastic Virgin Media were and I hope they cover my area in the near future.

Thanks for wasting a month of Nexflix and Deezer subscriptions as well as forcing me to head to work to check emails with my broken foot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 22

Hi Menasor85,

Thanks for posting back. Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I've passed your case to my colleague to be picked up as soon as possible.  They'll get back to you shortly.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings