Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Over a Month of waiting... still no resolution date

Spoiler

Still getting fobbed off on this with the "update 48 hours"

72 hours later... and I'm now being told I'll get another update in 96 hours!!!

Cutting to the chase I suppose and just missing the call in-between.

I've been told this is a BT Problem and I've been told it's an Open Reach problem.

I've been told that the problem is fixed and I may have connection by tonight and since been told that "I don't know who told you that - the problem is absolutely not fixed but we'll call you after the bank holiday to update you"

Seriously dismal service. No UK Mod has taken responsibility. I just keep going in circles with Indian call centres who are only expert at offering a call back.

I want someone to:
- take responsibility for me and my issue
- find the problem
- see what's required to fix it
- lastly find out when this will take place

This is basic problem solving and very basic customer service. I'm very much disgusted with the carrot of "we'll offer you compensation when you're connected" but if I cancel I'll receive none!

I'm effectively losing money now as my monthly subscription services tick by.

Just to remind you:

Original planned activation date: March 20th
Todays date: May 1st
Next "update":  May 6th

I'm being left in the dark and blackmailed here BT. Someone call open reach in Melton Mowbray at the exchange and ask when this problem will truly be fixed. Then tell me how long I have to wait.

If I don't have some resolution offered today then I will contact UK Watchdogs to explain this inexplicable Customer DIS-service

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

Message 10 here shows a member of the mod team is involved and may have emailed you worth checking you email spam folder as mods emails have sometimes ended up there
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Thanks John46

Sadly I've had no email contact. I did get a phone call with lots of what turned out to be hollow promises.

I actually have texts informing me that I would be contacted by yesterday (96hrs after the previous phone discussion) but alas.. that didn't happen.

I'm no longer surprised by this.

What I do find interesting is that when I've asked to see the log on BT's side regarding my many calls, online chats and messages on here - no one is willing to send me details by post or email.

I guess if I was stringing out a customer with false promises I wouldn't want to arm them with a case study either.

Needless to say I have my own logs and will now be reporting this terrible service.

BT the only expectation you've exceeded.. is just HOW bad your customer service has been. I cant report on broadband service but if it's anything like your "free" BT FON rubbish or your customer care then ending this dismal affair is probably a bullet well dodged!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 14 of 22

Hi Menasor85, 

I am sorry that things aren't sorted yet. My colleague will be in touch with an update shortly. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

I took another phone call yesterday explaining that things should be fixed in a couple of days.

No specifics of course.

I was told I'd get called today with an update... nothing so far, but I always have to chase 24hrs later. That's usual practice.

But what was really interesting is that when I asked about having the log of my account... I was promised an email with details of how I'd obtain it... nothing has reached me. Funny hey?!

I've sent a formal letter of complaint now and also signed up to a broadband competitor.

I will get a 14 day cooling off period with them in which I can cancel if I choose. The race is now on, can they get me connected in the planned 5 days rather than BT's 42 days and counting.

Lets see!! I will report back my findings.

I did receive an email though.... my first bill!!!  This saga gets more ridiculous by the day!

A cool £32 to add to my lost internet services and hours of wasted time.

Great work BT!!

If I did this to someone I was trading with I'd be arrested for theft.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 22

Hi Menasor85,

I can see that my colleague Anne Louise has dropped you an email this afternoon. Please let me know if you haven't received this and I'll be able to resend it if needed.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Hi Paddy B

Anne Louise did email, she explained that repairs were on-going - and I'd be contacted yesterday with an update - that's ANOTHER FIVE DAYS LATER

I got a voice mail message from our friends outside the UK again. "Hello Thomas I am calling regarding your BT order, I will update you on the 14th"

I'm sorry to be losing my patience now after nearly 50 days of waiting: but what the f**K is that?!

How is that an update??!

Its just a delaying tactic. I want a resolution date TODAY, I want an email call and a phone call TODAY and if you're not going to provide my broadband by this weekend then I'm cancelling all ties to this shoddy company and you can ram your hollow promises of compensation!

I will wait until 14:00... after than I'm cancelling my order. You incompetence and disregard for your customers ends today.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Spoiler

69 days!

Well done BT!!

I've let this run whilst plus net get set up to see who's sorted first. They've activated my line the same day and are due to connect me very soon.

I just wanted to update for other community users.

It's now 69 days since I was first due to be set up. Dozens of calls and online messages have been spent trying to get details of the problem and no help has been given.

I've spoken to foreign and domestic BT contacts, some more expert in fobbing off than others... some just blatant liars.

So 69 days since activation. Spanning multiple bank holidays which I've missed out on enjoying internet Radio (sonos), no Netflix or Catch-up TV - with a hollow promise of compensation.

Also it's worth noting that that's 43 working days (since BT forget all about you as soon as the weekend hits) with which not one person has managed to identify the problem.

To anyone else thinking of joining BT, please take note of the Which.co.uk independent reviews.

Thanks for nothing guys. PlusNet for the win!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

Who owns Plusnet BT do
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

14 Weeks or 97 days to get connected!! PlusNet got me online in 5 days! I know that BT own the rights to plusnet... but they're far from the same company! Audi own Lamborghini - but I know which most people would choose!!! I've been unable to take the last two calls and had voice mails left for me... however I'm still keen to discuss the promised "compensation" The speed I'm getting isn't great either... if someone could get in touch that would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
0 Ratings