cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loupylou
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Overcharged struggling to get refund

I'm really annoyed my parents have been overcharged for an engineers visit when the fault was clearly with the line outside and the engineer confirmed there would be no charge.and it's not the first time. 129.99 taken .they are pensioners and hard of hearing .this was resolved supposedly over two weeks ago but no money back in the bank. They contacted bt again and was told they would need to speak to technical team to process the refund .... they need that money now ! I have had to spend time chasing this too...... really not impressed with BTCUSTOMER service leaving pensioners to struggle with a mistake that is all your doing !
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Overcharged struggling to get refund

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Loupylou Welcome to the forum and sorry your parents have not received their refund. 

We are very busy at present so you would be best to check with the billing chat team here  and they will be able to help resolve this matter for you quickly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Loupylou
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Well they have chatted twice to the billing team on here billing team last night said my parents had to phone the technical team today as it was the technical team not them ... that's the point it's difficult for them to have them sort of conversations as they are hard of hearing.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Loupylou Thanks for posting back. Going by what you have said it does not look like this was sorted a few weeks ago. The engineering call out charge team are the only team that can refund this charge and if they had the billing team would be able to arrange back to your parents account. 

You would be best to call 0800 800 150 and raise the dispute on their behalf or alternatively if you can wait we will be happy to liaise with them for you if you send us their details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings