cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unknownmale
Message 1 of 4

Overhead lines telephone pole in my garden

Hi Folks,

I hope this is the correct place to post this query. I have a pole in my garden which carries the phone lines. Today I had a lorry load of logs being delivered, 26.5 tons. Due to the position of the overhead wires I could not have the timber delivered. It had to be dropped in an adjacent field. I will now somehow have to handle this quantity of timber into it`s original destination( my garden ). A task for which I am not really able at 65 I am not as fit anymore. My query is can anything be done about this ? I am unsure where to go. 

Thanks,

unknownmale.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Overhead lines telephone pole in my garden

Poles and wires are the responsibility of Openreach, which is owned by BT but is run as a separate business.

I assume if the pole's been there some time then they were given permission to put it there - a "wayleave".  if you want to check that, you need to contact their wayleaves department.  If you want it moved, then they may well charge you for the work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

You can ask Openrech to move it on a temporary basis, but it will cost you money.

Here is the link you need.

Ask Openreach to move their external equipment, like a pole.

If there is an existing wayleave agreement, then you can enquire using this link.

Openreach Wayleave issues (consent in writing)

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Out of interest what are the logs for, are you building a Santa's Grotto?

0 Ratings