Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: P2P TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT REMOVAL!

Go to solution

All BT Totally Unlimited Broadband now comes with no P2P restrictions so it is not clear what you mean you would need to pay a further £10 to have it removed.

Could it be that the package you are on is no longer offered so to get a new package it will cost you more but staying on your present package would cost you the same as you are presently paying. In which case everything you have and don't have would remain the same.

If you are wanting to cancell you would have to do it before the package started.

0 Ratings
MR-T
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Guru,

What i cant get my head round is that you only had to agree a new 12 month contract to get the P2P removed but that clearly is not the case, yes i had i discount because Bt cocked up my order when i joined, hence the discount, but if i move to Plusnet it will only cost me £24.99 A MONTH, if i have the P2P removed with BT it will cost me £32 a month, it would seem they are not interested in keeping existing customers.

Regards

MR-T

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

It's not getting P2P removed that is costing you more money it is because you are starting a new contract without any discount.

Did you go through the Options Team 0800.800.030 to try and negotiate a better deal when you re-contracted?

Plusnet like BT often offer better deals to new customers. Does the Plusnet deal include your line rental and any extras that may be included in your BT package. Is it for the same length of time etc etc. 

If you check out this link you can see the prices that new BT customers get.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages?Infinity=yes

0 Ratings
MR-T
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Guru,

Yes i follow what your saying no i the number you gave 0800.800.030, i think the one a rang ended in 150.

What i have is INFINTY 2 and anytime calls i currently pay £22.35 my line rental i pay yearly.

Plusnet ulimited up 76meg and antime calls is £24.99 a month, so is slightly more expensive than what i am paying now, but it is unlimited.

If i renew the conntract an move to UNLIMITED INFINITY 2 i will be paying £32.00 a month.

I may give that number a ring in the morning see if they can do anything for me, but it maybe already to late.

Regards

MR-T.

0 Ratings
MR-T
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just an update to this thread i have just spoken to BT about this P2P removal they are removing the P2P cap and i will be paying the same as before but will loose my anytime calls, witch i am not bothered about really, many thank to DavidM and Guru for your help.

I will check in the next few days to make sure the cap is removed if it s not i will come back.

Regards

MR-T.

0 Ratings