Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barfly
Contributor
Message 211 of 271

Re: P2P being throttled

Hi NeilO

How long does it normally take to get sorted? I made a request to have it removed on the 3rd. Just a guestimate would do.

Cheers

Mark

0 Ratings
blazer666_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 212 of 271

Hi

I also require this removing from my account. Why on earth dont you remove it as standard this is very frustrating as I pay for a PRIEMUM service and get treated like a 3rd rate customer.

How do I get this removed ASAP

Thanks

and FYI where is the "contact the mod" option?? cant see it on your "about me" page

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 213 of 271

Hi Blazer666_uk,

Welcome to the forum.  Please drop us an email and we will sort this out for you as well.

Click on my username, (SeanD) and you will find my contact link under the about me section of my profile.  Please include your BT account details and link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
MR-T
Contributor
Message 214 of 271

Hi,

Just an update on my P2P THROTTLING issue unfortunately to have it removed would mean i would end with an evening and weekend phone package, and as i have anytime calls at the moment it would mean adding antime calls and i would end paying a lot more than i am now.

So for the moment it cant be fixed, so its a case of sticking with what i have and when my 12 month contract end in January 28th 2014 see if i can get some new deal with BT then, if not i may well move to another provider.

Many thanks to the forum team for their help with this issue, it can now be closed.

Regards

MR-T

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 215 of 271

@Barfly wrote:

Hi NeilO

How long does it normally take to get sorted? I made a request to have it removed on the 3rd. Just a guestimate would do.

Cheers

Mark

The mods here respond to the assistance requests in strict rotation and normally would take 3-5 days depending on workload.

Don't worry they will get to you as soon as your request gets to the top of the list, it would be unfair to others if they treated you any differently to others with problems.

0 Ratings
Barfly
Contributor
Message 216 of 271

A big thank you to NeilO for sorting out my P2P throttling. Called me on Saturday and couldn't have been more helpful. I have a new found appreciation for the Mods and the work they do. 

Could be just a coincidence but it honestly seems to have improved xBox live. I played for two hours and have never come close to hosting as many matches as I did today. Throttling wasn't supposed to be removed till tomorrow, it was only the fact that p2p matches felt so different today that I ran the Glasnost test and found it was sorted.

Happy customer, cheers.

0 Ratings
chopps
Beginner
Message 217 of 271

Great thread.  Really been struggling with upstream throttling and getting no sense from tech support or sales.

I have sent a message to one of the mods, I hope you can help me too.

Thanks all.

0 Ratings
blazer666_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 218 of 271

Just sent message to remove my throttling and got this error

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[(0) community.bt.com. [46.19.168.101]:25: Connection timed out]

Any ideas admin please?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 219 of 271

@chopps   @blazer666_uk

you need a mod to provide a link to contact us - sending and email will not get you assistance  see here http://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/931648

when a mod reads this thet will post the link   contact mods link.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 220 of 271

Hi chopps and blazer666_uk,

Please send us your details and we'll look into it.

You will find our contact link under the "About me" section of my profile.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings