cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 231 of 271

Re: P2P being throttled

Thanks for the replies. My contract was due to expire in November, but then I had to extend it in July to get BT Sport for free. I guess this new extension will be on the same terms as the previous one.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 232 of 271

You will need to contact BT to get the restrictions lifted. It won't happen automatically.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 233 of 271

Is p2p throttling a time of the day thing?
How does one test is throttling is in place?
Slow p2p is often the number of peers vs seeds lol
Highlighted
Sage
Message 234 of 271

The throttling can vary over the course of the day depending on network load.

This tesst shows if throttling is in place. (Best run at peak times).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 235 of 271

I know the title of this thread relates to P2P being throttled, but also streaming is being throttled. Just tried watching a stream, but my maximum download speed was 2.5Mbps (even though I'm paying for speeds upto 76Mbps*). As a result, the stream buffers, and pixelates to make it unwatchable. 

I took my laptop next door to try on my neighbours network at 6 Mbps (Sky as her ISP),  it played flawlessly!!

This policy   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/~/broadband-usage-policy  claims that infinity 2 (started before 1st Feb 2013) doesn't throttle/slow down video streaming. I'm sorry, but I've just seen with my own eyes, that isn't the case! 

I have emailed a complaint form to BT last week, but havent had a reply yet. If a moderator could help out, it would be appreciated.

* I can achieve these speeds when doing a speed test at speedtest.net, it just drops as soon as I attempt streaming video!

Thanks

Galtech

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 236 of 271

When a moderator reads this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 237 of 271

Hi Galtech,

I'll be happy to check this for you. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 238 of 271

Many thanks Neil,
Have contacted you via your instructions .
Cheers!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 239 of 271

I has a similar question about sky go. Would this be affected? I seem to struggle getting decent picture quality on both iPad and Xbox. I'm on infinity 2. I was trying to watch the football last night and it was bufferering several times on the Xbox and just wouldn't focus properly on the iPad.
As mentioned a few pages up. I signed my last contract October 2012. So I'm currently on in limited not totally unlimited.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 240 of 271

sky go is not classed as p2p so whether unlimited or totally unlimited is not the cause of your poor reception

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings