Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

PC Wont connect to hub 5 on wifi

Go to solution

Having problems the last few days connecting our Windows 10 PC to wifi.  Its keeps saying it cant connect to the network.  All other devices are connecting fine (as was the PC upto 2 days ago).  I can get internet by using an ethernet cable.  I have checked wifi card on pc (device manager) and no error messages are showing and drivers are up to date. I have reset the wifi adapter, deleted the wifi pasword on the pc and re-entered them. The PC can connect to wifi through a mifi device, its just the hub it cant connect to.  Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: PC Wont connect to hub 5 on wifi

Go to solution
Sounds more like a Microsoft/ PC problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Assuming you are using the wireless passkey and not the admin password I would try deleting/forgetting the wireless connection, not just the password, to your Homehub on the PC and restart the PC and then try re-making the conection.

If that doesn't work try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If the above information doesn’t fix things then try going to the network card manufacturers web site and download the latest drivers.  Uninstall the old ones and replace with the new download.  Windows updates can often break things like drivers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, I have already deleted the wifi connection, restarted and reconnected but it still won't work. I will try the factory reset to see if that works. 

If that doesn't work I will try going to Dell and downloading the latest driver for the wireless card, uninstalling and then reinstalling. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Factory reset of the hub has done the trick. Wifi restored on the pc. Thanks for all the help.
0 Ratings