cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigyg1987
Message 1 of 14

PC won't go wireless

Help!!!!!!!!

I have set up my xbox, my fiances iphone and my iphone and both our kindles wireless with not problem. But i can't seem to get my PC to go wireless i've never had any trouble in the past, (i.e connecting to wireless thru PC) before. I'm getting frustrated now, everytime I try to a message comes up say 'Wireless Authentication Error' the asks me to diagnose the problem, my wireless network adaptor is compatible as I have checked

Can anyone help me out please

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: PC won't go wireless

Hi have a look at this link it may help you also have you checked you are using the correct wireless security code

http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/wireless/hub3_wireless.html
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

did you install the bt cd?  if so I suggest you uninstall it and let windows manage your wifi connections as BT cd is known to cause wifi problems 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
craigyg1987
Message 4 of 14

hi yes I have checked I'm using the right code as it's the code i used for xbox kindle etc

0 Ratings
craigyg1987
Message 5 of 14

if I uninstall it, will i knock my xbox etc, off aswell?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

no it will not affect the xbox uninstall the disk and let windows find the wireless network
0 Ratings
craigyg1987
Message 7 of 14

i would like to point out that i am currently running my internet thru my ethernet cable, so am connected to the internet, just annoying that I can't get it Wireless

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

the most secure and fastest service will always be with a wired connection
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

I am surprised as a gamer you are using wireless and not ethernet which gives a better more stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
craigyg1987
Message 10 of 14

what should my encryption type be AES or TKIP?

0 Ratings