cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

POE(Power Over Ethernet) Problems

Hello, i recently switched over to Bt infinity, everything at the moment is great. But on my old internet on the router i was getting to the router by POE. As soon as we got to BT Infinity, for some reason every 2 minutes it cut out for about a minute. I switched to wireless and it's been fine. Unfortunatly i have a lot of devices that seem to interfere with it and bringing the signal level down. I tried putting the POE's back in but they dont seem to be able to connect to the internet at all.

I'm using the Home Hub 3, any reason why it may not be working?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: POE(Power Over Ethernet) Problems

Power over Ethernet means sending DC power over your Ethernet cables. Perhaps the home hub 3 is short circuiting the power supply unit?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Do you mean powerline adaptors (homeplugs)?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Yeah, the ones where you plug the ethernet into the power socket, one at the pc and one at the router

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Try resetting them, most have a reset function. You might just need to "re-pair" them.

The installation of Infinity couldn't have had an affect as ultimately, the powerline adaptors don't know nor care what speeds, or what type of internet connection there is. In fact, they're designed to connect 2 devices over Ethernet, which doesn't mean there has to be an internet connection involved.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Doesn't have a reset function, just plug in and turn it on.

85Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter

MODEL: NL-HPDUAL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I managed to get it working but the connection keeps dropping every minute or so... weird
0 Ratings