cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

POP3 continually prompting for password - have to login via webmail to clear it

Go to solution

Over the last 2 days Outlook is continually prompting me for a password.  I can only clear the problem and receive emails after logging in via webmail and entering a graphical verification code as well as my password.  Is there a BT server problem that has stopped POP3 working?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: POP3 continually prompting for password - have to login via webmail to clear it

Go to solution

I don't use outlook but have not had any problems with pop3 and windlows live mail or my android phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: POP3 continually prompting for password - have to login via webmail to clear it

Go to solution

I have fixed this myself after reading another post on the forum.  The problem was caused by my iPad.  When I set up POP email on my iPad, I used the Yahoo button on the iPad email setup to setup my BT email accounts.  My email then worked on the iPad but for some reason the BT servers then locked out my iPhone and PC from getting POP mail (apart from when I logged in via Webmail at the same time, when POP mail would then work on my PC).  I deleted my BT email account (and two sub accounts) on my iPad and set them up again but this time selecting "Other" as the service provider.  Thanks to the guy who posted the solution in the forum.

Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have been having the same problem for about 6 weeks now continually. 20+ times a day i have had to login via webmail to get MS Outlook to download my emails, because after about 20 minutes Outlook can't connect to the BT server.  I have had the ipad over 7 months now and iphone for over 3 years, so not sure why this problem has just started to occur.  I have been on the phone at least 6 times to BT with no success at all, they are absolutely useless and they don't ring you back when they arrange to.  I am disgusted by their customer service.  I wasted another hour at lunchtime today on the phone to them, trying to sort out this problem. They said they'd call back at 4pm, they never did!!

So if the above solution works and I've already deleted the mail accounts in the iphone and ipad and re set them up as described above using "other" then I will be chuffed to bits!!!

Will let you know over the next few days, if it has worked for me too. 🙂

Thank you:-)

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

This fix seems to have done the trick!  Very happy! Smiley Happy

Thank you guys!

0 Ratings