cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: POP3 failure (once again)

Go to solution

I'm not sure it's just that simple.  I understand BT staff have great difficulty getting Yahoo to do anything, enen admit there'sa problem.  The BT failure must be to get the BT mail system up and running reliably.  It's 3 years now since I had an email headed 'The new BT mail is coming your way'.  Many forum posts suggest it's been a disaster and we're better off onYahoo!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

@Cilgwyn wrote:

I'm not sure it's just that simple.  I understand BT staff have great difficulty getting Yahoo to do anything, enen admit there'sa problem. 

Agreed, but this has been going on for years. Its about time the BT CEO grasped the Yahoo CEO warmly by the throat and pointed out the error of her ways!!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution
Cilgwyn wrote:
I'm not sure it's just that simple. I understand BT staff have great difficulty getting Yahoo to do anything, enen admit there'sa problem

Agreed but I care not that BT are having difficulties as my contract is with BT not Yahoo and it is up to BT to step up to the mark and manage their supplier.

licquorice wrote:
Its about time the BT CEO grasped the Yahoo CEO warmly by the throat and pointed out the error of her ways!!

Think someone has already fallen on their virtual sword as the takeover of Yahoo has completed though obviously with a very large golden good bye as is the usual for totally inept CEO's now days.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, I realised after I posted that she has gone. Lets hope the new chap has more idea of how customer service should operate.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

Given that BT told Yahoo some years ago that they were leaving the partnership and then found they couldn't manage on their own, Yahoo are probably not inclined to fall over to help BT.  What BT need to do is get the systems they thought would work up and running or find another partner.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

@Cilgwyn wrote:

Given that BT told Yahoo some years ago that they were leaving the partnership and then found they couldn't manage on their own, Yahoo are probably not inclined to fall over to help BT.  What BT need to do is get the systems they thought would work up and running or find another partner.

Be assured that when there is a fault affecting BT (Yahoo mail) the fault is just as likely to be affecting Yahoo direct customers and no doubt other platform that somehow or other Yahoo have got in their grasps.

BT mostly aren't bothered because for most email is a free add-on.  Yahoo aren't bothered both because a take-over has been on the books for years (though they may have got a few $m more if it hadn't been for the recent hacked account) and it is free.  POP3 users dont' see the platform ads so we are of not much value. 

But I cannot believe providing an email platform, even on a large scale, requires space technology unless they are unnecessarily trying to complicate its design. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

I have had very difficult problems to download POP3 email on my main account to  Mozilla Thunderbiird lately. It is extremely  intermittent. Today 2017-Jun-24 no download appears possible, it fails with a variety of reasons 'server issue' 'password not recognised' and on webmail log in it lets me in but with a very different Yahoo landing page. I see from this forum, my first time here  posting, that this appearws to be a recurrent problem, [with 'solved'] by someone . The web page from BT page goes to astrange Yahoo page and then clicking 'mail' to  the normal webmail BT Yahoo page.

Can you explain what is happening or how I can be  become able to download  emails from my main BT email account?

Thanks in advance  

Regards,
Eionmac
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

Odd. Following three log-ons and log-offs via web mail, and just after posting my 'nor working today' download to Thunderbird, it suddenly downloaded to Thunderbird. Are the forum  moderators/member skilled in magic. or is it just a very internment repeating fault that the BT Yahoo system does only randomly work? 
At 20170624 at 2001 hours UK it worked for first time today.

Thanks to the members of the forum!  eionmac

Regards,
Eionmac
0 Ratings