Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

PPP LCP Send Termination Request - BT HH5A

Go to solution

Getting a lot of disconnection in recent weeks, started all of a sudden about three weeks ago, when nothing was changed. The hub itself stays powered up, WAN logs is full of 

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Tried factory reset a few times...still happening. DLM has gone so low that sometimes it just wouldn't even connect. : (

Raised with BT support they did line test could not find fault, agent unwilling to monitor the line to prove that there has been tons of disconnections. Kept saying line is fine nothing is at fault and ultimately hung up on me.

BT HH5A, version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11

Master socket with a single socket

No phone plugged in. 

Is there really no way to fix this?? Does one really have to buying his own equipment to use a service I paid for??

Help : (

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 09.14.20.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 09.14.30.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 09.14.38.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 20.05.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 20.06.17.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 20.06.22.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 09.13.20.png

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Message 2 of 15

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request - BT HH5A

Go to solution

Hi @jamesho and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're really busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit your details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I'm surprised you weren't offered a replacement Hub. I previously had this when I was on std ADSL and was sent a new hub straight away when I took it up with BT support (India) via chat.

Arrived within a few days and fixed the issue. The replacement was a type B HH5 - I've had a much better experience with a type B.  Although it was just luck that I was sent this instead of a type A.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

So I rasied it with BTCare on twitter afterwards, an agent called me and did a test, got sent another type A. The disconnect continues with the new type A. I went to online chat and said disconnection is still happening, agent said a level 2 network engineer is going to call back later today. 

I hope I am not stuck on an infinite loop... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I would take the mod up on his offer.  I'd hold no confidence in you being called back or getting any further help.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Yea did send him the details etc 🙂

Sometimes I wish raising support case via the 'normal' way would actually work... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@jamesho wrote:

Yea did send him the details etc 🙂

Sometimes I wish raising support case via the 'normal' way would actually work... 

I couldn't agree with you more!

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Have you tried a quiet line test 17070 option 2?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I don't have a physical landline phone to use to test.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Then you won't know if you have a line fault. You can pick one up for about £5 from a well known catalogue store.

0 Ratings