cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request] - Dropping

Had this problem now for a very long time, and recently came back in touch with it after I was forced to use my HH5 as my TPLINK ADSL router got bricked. 

The problem only persists when using any BT issues router whether it be a HH3-5. 

The event log is filled with firewall packet loss and blocked entries which I understand that is the firewall doing it's job which is fine. The line that keeps popping up is the one in the title of this thread (PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]) this pops up every time the connection drops.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request] - Dropping

Also worth noting that the connection never dropped when I was on the TPLINK! Only the home hubs.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

this was raised before  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/PPP-LCP-Send-Termination-Request-User-reque...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

The last post on that thread was Feb last year though! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

that was a Mod saying that is does not cause a drop in connection - I can't see why that still does not apply to a HH

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

To reproduce this fault all you need to do is to go to

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/secure/faults/reporting.do?pageId=21

enter your phone number and press the continue button.

This results in the hub light going red and the following initial error log

18:09:29, 06 Sep. (32098.880000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Your local end does not reboot as nothing is in the boot log.

0 Ratings