Same for me.
Disconections taking place during the morning 'rush hour' say from 7am to 9am, stable until 4pm and then we have a further period of disconnections between 4pm until 10pm. I would say on average we have about 20 to 30 disconnections each evening, and this has been happening from the moment we switched from standard broadband to infinity at the end of February. Prior to that, the broadband was just about perfect.
Openreach engineer visited a couple of weeks ago, changed connections between the property and the cabinet, but his tests revealed a huge number of errors when testing the line, he contacted BT to say he was seeing errors on the line but they said they could see nothing.
Next step, according to the Openreach engineer was a 'lift and shift, but he said we would need to let if settle down for 10 days before contacting BT again.
So far we have PPP LCP issues for:-
I fear most customers suffering this will not even know they have thre problem or maybe don't even know about this forum but keep them coming people.
@MarkG33, check your PM's, I've sent you a message. Drop me a line in response when you get a chance as we may well be on the same exchange, or even cabinet!
Installation of Infinity 2 on 18th February 2014 and it occurred
on the first day !
Then again about 5 days later and it happened more than once a day then.
The lonest uninterupted up time of HH5 used as modem/router was 4 days.
I switched to HG612 modem with HH5 and the problem was gone for 10 days solid,
then I switched to running a Fritz!box 3390 (No OpenRG at all , hi) and it has been
fine for 3 days now - solid as a rock and feature rich.
It is also ready for vectoring if BT ever enable it.
If only BT could make a router like this German one we would all be very happy I think.
The HH5 is stored away now in case I have any line/service issues and need to put it back (quickly, lol).
Well after a further 4 IP changes in less than 24 hours and seeing there is a new firmware for my DSL-N66U I've swapped the HH5 out for the DSL-N66U, flashed the firmware and fired her up.
Let's see what the next 24 hours bring!
Well not sure if things will remain stable but the first things I've noticed by swapping out my HH5 with my DSL-N66U on the latest 184.108.40.206 firmware is the following:
Download: the same as HH5 due to the fact BT decided to put me on the 40/10 profile and still have not put it back to 80/20, currently at 37.77Mbps actual
Upload: immediate 2Mbps increase to 7.79Mbps actual (this used to be over 9Mbps and for the last 3 months has been under 6Mbps more often than not)
Ping: almost halved to 19.5ms
Let's see if the LCP still drops.